20100109

tell me what you want to hear, something that'll like those ears






dress zara. shoes ysl tributes. rings vintage and flea market finds. bracelets david yurman and flea market. headband deepa gurnani.

Fooling around in my sister's bedroom this morning while deciding what to wear today. Went to the storeroom to look for footwear options and found this pair of YSL tributes from the first season they made them . I was absolutely in love with them after coming across pictures of Victoria Beckham pairing hers with a short black dress, a new blonde cropped hairdo and David Beckham in a suit. My mom found this pair(the last one!) from a YSL boutique in Milan- the YSL stores in Singapore carry few styles upwards of a size 38 and I remember feeling crushed when the sales assistants told me that none of the stores in Asia would have a pair in my size. This might just be my favourite pair of shoes and it's a pity that I don't go out or wear heels often enough to justify bringing them back with me to New York. I bought the dress from Zara in Singapore four years ago and it's been a versatile wadrobe option since. The silver pearl bracelet is from the St Kilda flea market in Melbourne which my Dad got me ten years ago. My mom gave both my sister and I the black band with a single silver charm when she came back from Hong Kong and the headband was a Christmas gift from my friend Ivan. -Hairin

2 comments:

  1. You're chocolatestain on tFS right? How funny, I just gave you karma on that one picture and then I visit your blog and I see the whole thing! Awesome combination of the super feminine dress and the sexy shoes and all those rings! I need to get some rings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes I am! thanks for visiting! I'm looking forward to reading your next blog post!

    ReplyDelete