20090608

New York Part I

As happy as I am to be home, I think having spent one year in New York on my own exploring and encountering has made me grown to appreciate and love the city better. New York, in my opinion, consists of the various, amazing people you meet, and is made up of those New York moments wherein amazing things happen and you know it did just because it was New York. Those moments came close to feeling magical, as if everything was possible; just as they say, the city that never sleeps, never stops dreaming.

Of course, one of the most amazing things about New York is that the fashion there is seriously inspiring. Everyone, no matter young or old, always looks so stylish. Of course, there is always that sweatpants and school sweater look for those who were up the entire night rushing deadlines, but other than those shitty, happens-to-everyone-at-least-once times, everyone looks good. I finally understood what designers meant when they sometimes cite their inspiration from people on the streets. In the past, in Singapore, I never really got that, but now, I am just really glad that I decided to apply to NYU and got to see it for myself.

What's even better is when one of my best friends from home is studying in Columbia, and we are merely several subway stations away from each other. So experiencing the city with her, whether it is perusing the plethora of shops or catching concerts in Radio City and musicals in Broadway makes it so much more fun and memorable.

outside the nyu bobst library
P1000443
hairin is wearing: shorts warehouse. bag givenchy. fuiyi is wearing: top nanette lepore. jeans a/x.

rockerfeller center
P1010144

P1010145

IMG_1785
hairin is wearing: tee, jeans eryn brinie. bag givenchy. sunglasses marc jacobs

As if I'm not blessed enough, I have another best friend, Beth, who is a 3 hour bus ride from U-Penn. So we would spend our weekends prowling Soho for amazing shopping, like our favourite Eryn Brinie, and also checking out vintage stores. And, we'll definitely make our way to the Marc by Marc Jacob stores in West Village, stop by Magnolia Bakery for some sweet refuels. Hairin recently discovered Butterlane in the East Village and minutes away from my dorm, which has even better cupcakes in our opinions, and a better location in my opinion.

IMG_0950
beth is wearing: tank, cardigan american apparel. bag vintage dior. fui is wearing: tank, jeans topshop. slippers havianans.

Watching the Midnight Jaggernauts at Le Poisson Rouge

IMG_0988
beth is wearing: cardigan american apparel. dress .

IMG_0992
fui is wearing: tee junkfood. cardigan bought in bangkok. shorts topshop. clutch miumiu.

P1000633

Moments on the sidewalk...

IMG_0909-1

No comments:

Post a Comment