20090814

swallow that lump in your throat

PhotobucketPhotobucket
I'm wearing: cardigan missoni. tee t by alexander wang. jeans goldsign. bag miu miu coffer.
The cardigan was from the Missoni family outlet in Florence. My mom and I walked into the store on the very last day of our trip, we literally had three hours left before our flight and the store was in a corner, apart from all the other designer shops... I think it was beside a furniture shop. Pretty non-descript, save for the Missoni sign above the door. When we went through the door though they had bed linens, towels, swim wear, current season pieces, belts, scarves, everything! I was in my Rachel Zoe phase at that time and was in heaven. The guy in the store, I think, was Margherita Missoni's uncle and he gave us his card and a fantastic discount for the five pieces we bought. He mentioned that the outlet was where close friends of the Missonis and their relatives bought their pieces. I bought a tank in the same knit that was meant to be worn under this cardigan as well as a dress that was supposed to be a beach cover-up and my Mom got a top and a twinset from Missoni Sport. The whole time we were trying on stuff an contemplating our purchases he discussed travelling and the fashion business with us. I didn't think very much of it at that time but now looking back, it's a very nice memory of Florence, the place and it's people.
Photobucket
revolveclothing

This week has been all tee shirts and I bought this black slim halter dress from T by Alex Wang from revolveclothing last night. It looks like it'd be the perfect black tank dress. Can't wait to receive it.-Hairin

2 comments:

  1. All looks really good to me. I'm curious about the dress, b/c I was considering that too, recently...

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that missoni cardigan! so classic and chic :D

    ReplyDelete